Northwestern University’s Master of Science in Communication program offers customized programs featuring a focused and interactive curriculum.
- Your employees will become more effective leaders By fusing communication theory with practice, your team will gain the skills for transformational leadership.
- Gain direct access to cutting edge scholarship and evidence based coaching Our programs equip participants to leverage the most contemporary research in communication, management, ethics, and innovation technology towards solving today’s managerial challenges.
- Learn from world-renowned instructors who possess extensive hands-on experience Our faculty are industry experts, leading academics, and valued consultants to businesses, governments, and foundations.
“Every session was carefully crafted and proved to be critical in my development. Weaving theory with real life examples and being coached to reproduce them for myself were key factors in my success.”
– Leia Bradford, Messina Group
Design Your ProgramWe can design a program to meet your individual needs or you can choose from any of the existing topics. As we begin the custom design process, we will assess your needs, map a plan, and develop a results-based curriculum tailored to your goals.
“The Personal Branding and Network Management workshop allowed me to dig deeper into how my personal values and passions informed my skills and abilities. The program encouraged me to develop and leverage my personal brand through social media and other outlets, while applying those skills to my work. The scholars and coaches were inspiring and helpful in creating my personal statement and professional media portfolio.”
– Rebecca Goodmanson, Global Political Consultant
Collaborate with Us
To inquire about a custom program for your organization, contact:Amy J. Hauenstein, Ed.D
Director of Curriculum and Non-Degree Programs
Sample Program Topics
|MANAGING COMPLEXITY SERIES||COLLABORATIVE LEADERSHIP SERIES||ELEGANT COMMUNICATION SERIES|
|Crisis Communication Management||Team Leading||Personal Branding|
|Cultural Intelligence||Productive Teamwork||Public Speaking & Writing|
|Consulting and Entrepreneurship||Influence and Discourse||Running Effective Meetings|
|Producing/Analyzing Persuasive Messaging||Serving on a NPO Board/Committee||Public Persuasion|
|The Ethics of Difference Negotiation||Decision-Making Models||Active Listening|
|Innovation||Collaborative Technology||Marketing Communication: Product Positioning|
|Social Media/Digital Media Strategy||Strengthening the Whole: Team Strengths Analysis||Communication Technology|
|Data Driven Decision Making||Cross Cultural Collaboration||Training & Teaching|
|Communications Strategy||Cross Sector Partnership||Finding Your Passion and Purpose|
|Dilemmas and Tensions in Communication||UX Leadership||Influencer Marketing|
|Minding the Gen-Gap||Collective Impact||Information Design|
|Going Global||Institutional & Community Problem Solving Contexts||Story Collecting and Telling|
|Change Management||Network Management||Video Presence, Poise, and Persuasion|
|Corporate Social Responsibility||Client, Consumer and Citizen Problem Solving Roles||Communities of Practice|
|Remote Location Workforces||Transitional Leadership||Feedback on Failure|
|Risk Management||Teams and Organizations||Dialogic Communication|