Journey To The Final Stretch

It’s crazy to think that entire program has come and (almost) gone. It seemed like only yesterday that I was making the final preparations to move to Illinois and start this program. And now? We’re at the halfway mark of our the final quarter. Only 3 more weeks of class before we walk across the stage and become official Masters of Communication.

imageThere have been moments in the program where the journey has felt long, but when I look around at the wonderful people I’ve met, I want the time to slow down. I will always remember one moment in particular. I was out at dinner with a group of friends from the cohort. It was a normal night of laughter, drinks and chatting about life… when suddenly, it hit me. I was surrounded by a group of amazing individuals who were not only from different walks of life, but also different parts of the world. United States, Dominican Republic, Korea, Thailand, China, Indonesia, just to name a few. It’s remarkable how MSC is able to cultivate such a diverse of individuals together. Words cannot express how incredibly blessed I felt at that moment and every Saturday for the past 10 months.

When I started the program, I wasn’t sure what to expect. As a new student, you’ll hear alumni and past MSC bloggers talk about the relationships you build and how much you’ll take from your cohort. It feels like a lot of pressure to foster those relationships early on, but if you’re a new student reading this, know that it all takes time. The first quarter was challenging for me, I was in a new city and didn’t know anyone. But as long as you keep an open-mind and open-heart, the relationships will develop naturally. And as you’ll hear from many, those relationships will be life-changing.

This final quarter has been invigorating, challenging, and bittersweet. We’re almost there MSC’14. It has been such a pleasure meeting each and every one of you, but this is not goodbye, it’s just the beginning of an exciting new chapter.

It’s the final stretch, here we go!